Wednesday, November 28, 2012

What's Up Wednesday: Golden Christmas


Hello peeps!

It's Shay here.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Before I get onto today's post I wanted to draw your attention to Julie's series of Advent Calendar tags: Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3.  They are each unique and delightful.

Now that December is nearing it is a perfect time to get those Christmas and holiday cards done.

I think gold is perfect for the holidays so I pulled out my gold embossing powder, some older Paper Wings Productions stamps along with newer stamps to create a couple Christmas cards.  I really love how I was able to incorporate the older non-Christmas themed stamps with newer Christmas themed stamps to create very Christmasy cards.


For the first card I wanted to use the Madonna and baby Jesus image from Melange Women 2-Worldly Women set.  After gold embossing the Madonna, I adhered the white cardstock panel to the white cardbase which I adhered a piece of decorative gold tissue paper and wrapped around with twine.  I added a few gold embossed stars from Hanging Stars for added interest around the the Madonna and on the cardbase.   The sentiment is from Christmas Mix It Up which I gold embossed yet again and cut into banner shapes.



The inspiration for this card was the three Magi who are sometimes portrayed as kings.  There are great crown images found in the Royal Melange or Crowns sets.  I chose to use the two larger crowns.  On red cardstock I stamped in red the postcard image (such an awesome background) from Writing Backgrounds or Postcard.  I then embossed each crown with a different embossing powder: silver, gold and copper. The sentiment is the same as the first card from Christmas Mix It Up which I stamped inside the banner from Banner Day--all gold embossed.  The words fit rather well and because they are clear you can bend them slightly to fit the curve of the banner.  I adhered this panel to a gold panel.  The card base is red which I stamped in red using the big bold flourish from Flourish Fun 1 and the trio of dots from Flourish Fun 2.  All of the red layers are distressed using the red ink and my ink blending tool.

I hope you ink up some Paper Wings Productions stamps and create festive holiday cards.  We would love to see what you make with Paper Wings Productions stamps.  Add your projects to our flickr group, to Pinterest, comment with a link on this post or even email pictures to us!

Take flight,
Shay.

Supplies:

Golden Mother and Child
Stamps: Melange Women 2-Worldly Women, Hanging Stars, Christmas Mix It Up
Ink: Versamark by Tsukineko
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific in white
Other: gold embossing powder by Judikins; brown and white twine by Divine Twine; decorative gold tissue paper

Three Kings
Stamps: Royal Melange or CrownsChristmas Mix It Up, Banner Day, Writing Backgrounds or PostcardFlourish Fun 1Flourish Fun 2
Ink: Versamark by Tsukineko; Jenni Bowlin for Ranger in chili powder
Cardstock: gold and red
Other: gold, copper and silver embossing powder by Judikins and Ranger; ink blending tool by Ranger

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shay :D Love the cards, especially the way you made your own patterned papers for the backgrounds and the beautiful gold embossing showed up great in the photos. I bet they are stunning in person!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...