Saturday, October 19, 2013

Mi Amor - Scrapbook Saturday

Hello PWP Fans!  Norma here to bring you a Day of the Dead spin on Scrapbook Saturday!!


Okay so like I mentioned yesterday, today I'm featuring the NEW Mini Day of the Dead Nesting Components kit.  Here is a quick look at the whole kit:



This is a really fun kit and you get to choose whatever Day of the Dead stamp set you'd like.  Before I show you my layout, I wanna share a little background info with you.  About a year and half ago I stumbled into Paper Wings Productions stamps at a local stamping store and what immediately caught my eye was their DOD stamps.  Up until this point, I had never seen any and actually never even had an interest in the holiday.  As soon as I saw them, my eyes lit up and I was hooked!  It's such a beautiful part of my culture that I was unfamiliar with.  So Carrie, thank you so much for making these wonderful stamps and introducing me to this beautiful custom.


So come on, you saw this coming, right, lol!  Of course I had to dress up in the DOD style for Halloween, lol.  My husband is such a good sport, he always lets me dress him up too.  This is probably one of my all time favorite Halloween pics :D  When I saw the new mini DOD kit, I knew I had to scrapbook this pic with it.


I used a plain sheet of black cardstock for my background and stamped it with one of the script stamps.  I used white Stazon, after that I splattered white paint over my page.


I used one of the Papel Piqado (cut paper) panels for my background layers.  Then I added one of the 7 Gypsies journaling pages.  I stamped and embossed the shrine frame included in the Muertos Mujer stamp set.  I used it to frame the pic of me and my honey.


I stamped the sacred heart onto aluminum foil then fussy cut it and added "para siempre" (forever).  The heart, birds and "Amor" banner I used are all from the Milagros stamp set and "para siempre" is from the Muertos Mujer set.


I worked in gold sheer ribbon, black florals, a marigold, black bling, a K&Company die cut and Mexican bingo pieces from the kit.

I hope I've inspired you to have some Dia De Los Muertos fun!!  To purchase this NEW kit, visit the online store HERE.  Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you've enjoyed my post ;D

Have a Beautiful Day!!






7 comments:

  1. Wow, this is amazing, Norma!! The design and all of the details are just fabulous!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully spooky Norma! Love the stamped background and splattered paint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout, you used the kit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use the kit Norma!! Love your layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool, and yes, a little bit creepy! Ha! I love the black bling! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun layout! You used the kit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout Norma! The photo is so fun! I love the black background and your large embellie cluster. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...