Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Altered Art Journal


Hi! Dana here today sharing a journal that I altered for a friend who just gave birth to her first child, a sweet baby girl. I was asked to put together a book by her mother, something that was colorful, a bit non-traditional and totally unique, that this new mother could use to document the special moments that she shares with her child.

I had a blast creating this project with a little help from Carrie, owner of Paper Wings Productions. If you've been following Paper Wings for a while you know that in addition to running Paper Wings, Carrie also teaches classes, many of which include book binding techniques. (If you live in the San Antonio, Texas area you should definitely try to catch one!) Carrie created this 5x7 journal for me. You can find more of her journals in her Etsy Shop from time to time.


The pages of this journal are made from beautiful thick watercolor paper. I wanted to leave room for journaling, so I used mist, washi tape, stencils and my favorite Paper Wings Productions stamps to add color and patterns to the edges of each page.


I used my favorite Perfect Alphabet Stamp Set on the first and last page of the album to start a letter that the new mother can write to her daughter, one letter at the begging of the book and one letter at the end.


I'm so happy with how this journal turned out!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you!

Paper Wings Productions Supplies:
Perfect Alphabet Stamp Set
Text Melange Cling Stamp Set
Fringe Lace Clear Stamp
Circle Background Cling Stamp
Writing Backgrounds Cling Stamp Set
Art Textures Cling Stamp Set
Leaf Border Clear Stamp Set
Double Dot Border Clear Stamp Set
Scallop Border Clear Stamp Set
Single Dot Border Clear Stamp Set
Indian Blanket Cling Stamp Set
Bird Panel Clear Stamp Set
Earth & Sky Melange Stamp Set
Under The Sea Cling Stamp Set
With Some Sparkle Cling Stamp Set
Domino Printed Washi Tape
Uniball Pen White
Tattered Angels Hummingbird Paint System


2 comments:

  1. A really beautiful book, Carrie & Dana! I love the bright colors on the edges of each page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Love all the inky details and the journal itself is really beautiful and will be a perfect gift. Thanks for sharing Karen x

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...