Friday, October 2, 2015

Our designs

Hi friends,

It's Carrie here.  Personally I am loving our new stamp designs.  My tastes can be rather eclectic and this new release really reflects that.  I think that there is something for everyone at Paper Wings Productions.  I can tell that by all of the sales we have had this week for our new sets (THANK YOU!).  Our shipping has run a bit behind this week with the influx of orders.  I promise there's a little something extra in your packages to thank you for your patience.

Although I can see how much you all are loving our new stuff, I can't help but think of how many people might not *get* some of our designs.  Living in South Texas, you really come to embrace and appreciate the rich culture that originated south of the border.  I fell in love with Mexican folk art from the moment I found it.  I have a deep admiration for the traditions, imagery, and symbolism behind the art.

Shortly after deciding to start up Paper Wings I met a lovely lady named Liz Balderas.  Liz and I seem to have a mutual admiration and often trade art with one another.  She is amazing.  She creates paper mache works of art that she sells are various shows and on Etsy.  Besides the paper mache, she has many other talents and endeavors that keep her busy.  Check out some of her work...


I approached Liz about creating designs for Paper Wings and she happily agreed.  She is one of my favorite designers to work with because she is always positive and willing to work with the ideas I give her.  I simply cannot say enough good things about this woman.  She is the designer behind many of our popular sets including these.



She also designed the new Nativity, Virgen de Guadalupe, and Sacred Heart stamps.  You can check out all of the designs Liz has done for us by clicking here.  I know skeletons and some of this may seem strange to some of you but I really encourage you to take a closer look at the traditions and symbolism behind Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) and Mexican folk art.  I think if you do, you might come to love it as much as I do.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...