Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Viva Fiesta

Hello friends. This week in San Antonio we are celebrating Fiesta. Fiesta began in the late 1800's as just a single parade to honor the memory of the hero's of the Alamo and the Battle of San Jacinto. Today it has grown into a celebration of San Antonio's rich and diverse cultures. We are celebrating the 125 year anniversary this year.   It runs for ten straight days. There are Queens of every order. There are events like Oyster Bake, Taste of New Orleans, a huge Carnival and NIOSA which is Night In Old San Antonio. There are three huge parades. The Texas Cavilers Parade is takes place on the San Antonio River. Then it is the Battle of Flowers parade and then the closing event is the big Fiesta Flambeau on Saturday night. It is a celebration for sure. If you would like to find out more information on Fiesta visit the website http://www.fiesta-sa.org/. You can follow me on Instagram and I will be trying to post pictures from NIOSA and the Flambeau parade. Muffins and Lace 

Today my card has the Fiesta theme. I used two different stamp sets to make a Fiesta theme cake. You all know by now I have a love of sugar skulls and a Fiesta event is not complete without one.

I stamped the cake on a piece of white cardstock and then stamped the sugar skull on the top. I colored the images with Copic markers. I only used bright colors since it is for a party. :) I didn't have a fiesta sentiment stamp so I hand wrote the words Viva Fiesta on the bottom of the card. To add a few finishing touches I added a few small rhinestones to the cake and sugar skull.




Other Products used:
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Acrylic Blocks
Copic Markers
Rhinestones
White Cardstock
Black Cardstock
ATG
Copic MultiLiner 

I hope you enjoyed my post today. Have a fun day friends.
Larissa Pittman 

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea and love your card! Fiesta sounds like fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, and thanks for the history of Fiesta. Although I grew up in San Antonio, and have enjoyed Fiesta all my life, I love hearing about the history and glad you shared it with your card. Nice coloring, too. Viva Fiesta!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...